THE UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST INDIES FIVE ISLANDS CAMPUS, ANTIGUA & BARBUDA, WEST INDIES
SENIOR LECTURER/ LECTURER SCHOOL FOR SCIENCE, COMPUTING AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
The University of the West Indies (UWI) is a dynamic, international institution serving the countries of the Commonwealth Caribbean. Its faculties and institutes offer a wide range of undergraduate, master’s and doctoral programmes in Humanities and Education, Science and Technology, Engineering, Law, Medical Sciences, Sport and the Social Sciences. The institution represents the oldest of its kind within the region and has been responsible for producing outstanding leaders who have made remarkable contributions to regional development. In 2019, the UWI placed 32nd among the 150 best ranked universities across Latin America and the Caribbean, according to the Times Higher Education (THE) Latin America University Rankings. After 71 years the UWI remains the number 1 ranked university, out of more than 200 registered universities in the Caribbean.
The UWI is currently within the top 2% of universities in Latin America and the Caribbean from a complement of over 2,000 registered universities.
The Five Islands Campus is seeking to fill positions of Senior Lecturer/ Lecturer on the Five Islands Campus in Antigua and Barbuda. Each Senior Lecturer/ Lecturer will provide academic leadership for the School for Science, Computing and Artificial Intelligence.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or a related field from an accredited
institution by the time of employment.
- Minimum of five years’ experience teaching related courses at the University level.
- Demonstrated evidence of ability to produce scholarly work in the field of Computer Science, Data Science or Mathematics.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Collaborate with colleagues in research and co-curricular activities, while engaging in community outreach initiatives which are aligned with The One UWI strategic plan and the strategic priorities of the Five Islands Campus aimed at expanding the economic development of Antigua and Barbuda, and the OECS Region.
- Exhibit a record on innovative pedagogy in a face to face environment, as well as online.Develop students’ appreciation and passion for the study of Computer Science, Data Science or Mathematics.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Display a record of peer-reviewed publications, research in Computer Science, Data Science or
- Mathematics and related fields, and demonstrate success with securing grants and/ or contracts.
The School for Science, Computing and Artificial Intelligence seeks to fill three (3) posts. Applicants must be able to deliver content across multiple areas at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The available posts are as follows:
- 1 Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Data Science. The ideal candidate must have experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets, and exhibit skills in creating data architecture. The incumbent must have strong capabilities in Predictive Analytics, Market Analytics, Risk Analytics, Text Analytics, Decision Analytics, Operations Management, Financial Market Models and Time Series Forecasting, Mathematical Programming, Simulation Methods and Analytics for Total Quality Management.
- 1 Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Mathematics. The ideal candidate would teach courses in the discipline area of mathematics and statistics, develop and design curriculum in collaboration with Data Science, Computer Science and colleagues from other fields regarding research interest and cocurricular activities. Additionally, the successful candidate should be equipped to provide leadership and should have made significant contributions to the field.
- 1 Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Computer Science. The ideal candidate will take a leadership role in modernizing pedagogy and research in Computer Science and teach courses in Computer Science for students engaged in data science, machine learning, Big Data Analytics, deep learning, intelligent automation/robotics, and Artificial Intelligence studies.
Applicants are required to submit a completed employment application form, curriculum vitae giving particulars of qualifications, experience, the names and addresses of at least three (3) references (one of whom should be from your current organization), a statement on teaching and research interests and copies of academic qualifications. These are to be sent by electronic mail to email@example.com addressed to the Director of Administration, The University of the West Indies, Five Islands, Antigua and Barbuda, West Indies. A full CV and application forms must be submitted. Application forms can be obtained by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org [please quote Caribbean Skills Bank in your query]. The final date for receipt of applications is April 19, 2021. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send reports under confidential cover to the above address without waiting to be contacted.
You can also contact the Caribbean Skills Bank (CSB) for more information at the following address: email@example.com.