Connectivity has never been more important than during these times of global lock down to deal with the spread of COVID-19. Caribbean Skills Bank is offering this Bulletin Board page for information for the Caribbean, its Diaspora and those displaced people who need support.
If you would like to showcase your project or share your work to help support your community, email us at email@example.com or contact us via our social media platforms:
- Grenada’s High Commissioner, H.E Kisha A. Grant writes: Many nationals have asked how they can contribute to Grenada at this time, through food hampers or aiding with the purchase of medical supplies for health workers. The High Commission met in May with the executive members of the Grenada Associations here in London, and we decided to activate the Disaster account here, through which we can all channel donations over the next few weeks, with a goal of analyzing where we are at by the end of May and making a contribution as a London group to Grenada. That way, we present a united front and we can all decide in what areas we will like to see the money spent. I thank the Associations for their co-operation in this regard, and I look forward to us making a difference in the lives of many of our citizens, through our donations.For details on how to contribute, please contact the High Commission via https://www.facebook.com/HighCommissionOfGrenada/
- Helping kids manage anxiety around the coronavirus – 4 videos.
- The Jamaican High Commission advises that, due to the worsening impact of the deadly coronavirus and in the interest of public safety, the High Commission will remain closed to the public until further notice. The High Commission’s team will continue to provide support, advice and assistance as required via the following email and telephone numbers: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephones: +44 207 823 9911/ +44 207 581 0063/ +44 207 581 6679/ +44 207 581 0067.
- Are you a Jamaican who has been stranded overseas as a result of COVID-19?’Then visit the website http://jamcovid19.moh.gov.jm & apply to return to Jamaica on the Controlled Re-entry Programme. Follow these steps to complete your application.
- From the Barbados High Commission: all enquiries or email to Mr C Morris – Deputy High Commissioner at email@example.com
- St Lucia High Commission advises that nationals with inquiries should send them to firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com. For urgent matters please call 0794 3512922 or 07387015708.
- The Trinidad & Tobago High Commission advises foreign nationals in the UK that provisions have been made by the Home Office for temporary visa extensions. Click here to find out more.
- Contacts for the Grenada High Commission – Tel: 020 7385 4415 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Edmonton food hub for the elderly and families who have lost their jobs
Keep your spirits up during this time of isolation with RJC free dance classes – The Voice newspaper
Good vibes for Caribbean people – South Florida Caribbean News
For the kids – Aunty KC Kre8ive Kids Show